Sunday 2 June 2013

Woo-hooing and the art of upsetting ramblers...



So yesterday. It was the 1st of June and I was supposed to unveil the summer TBR pile. I know. And I will. But my wee brain was filled with something else.

The announcement of the Sunlounger anthology winners was due. I mentioned it here. Three of the shortlisted ten would be included into the book along with 30plus published ChickLit writers.


At 1pm I was sitting on the monument at the top of Coombe Hill, surrounded by seven marauding children and a fabulous view, ignoring both and concentrating on the Belinda Jones Travel Club facebook page on my mobile. (Yes, I know I don’t do facebook, but my inner Lara Croft has ways and means of still being on the button when needs must.) 

Naturally, I was getting very disparaging looks from the die-hard ramblers. Shame on me.

But I got in!!!!!!! My short story “Fia McQueen’s Great Escape” will be published in ebook format, on July 1st. Trust me I might just mention it again nearer the time. A lot. Because I am ridiculously excited.

My author's page is now up here on the Sunlounger / Va-va-vacation website. In fact, I think it might be the first picture of me on t’internet. Ever. 

Brace yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment